Saturday 31 March 2012

My Parents, Cedric's Grandparents

My parents stayed in with us for the first 2 months after Cedric's arrival.

Both are first time grandparents.

During the 2 months period, my mom was transfromed from a kelam kabut grandma that goes blank whenever baby cries, to a multi-tasking & all experienced baby sitter. 

My dad, from being baby-holding-phobic (according to my mom, he never carried me nor my sisters when we were baby), to his first, second, and countless times of carrying and comforting Cedric when baby cries. 

Cedric's Gong Gong &  Po Po

Another thing my dad learned during his stay here is how to use a computer. 

My sister Yee bought him a laptop a week before they go back home. Now my dad has an email account, he plays facebook, reads newspapers online, watches movies from PP Live etc. He has become a computer savvy!

After they returned to hometown, dad's new found hobby is to check for Cedric's new photos and videos on facebook everyday. So my sisters and I can expect his call if he doesn't see new baby photos being uploaded every few days.

My baby Cedric is being blessed with the love of his gong gong popo.

And me, I think I might need to have a Chinese version of my blog in the future, so that Cedric's gong gong popo can be a part of the kid's growing up journey.

4 comments:

  1. Almost tear out after reading this! Such a shame that my dad never met with my 2 girls in person yet, and I really want to teach him how to use an ipad when he is coming to visit me! Maybe show your dad how to use google translate too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yen,

    My dad used to be a very strict and stern father. He never showed his love and affection to me when I was young. I will get a good beat up if I do anything wrong; and when I got No.1 or all As in exam, he never praised me or showed that he is proud of me.

    But year after year, as the age catches up, my dad becomes a more relax and cheerful father. And I'm touched to see that he is such a loving gong gong to my Cedric boy. :)

    There are many "first times" my parents experienced in recent years. I feel that the older they are, the younger they become, mentally. I hope when they are ready, they can embark in a new journey - to move down to KL to stay nearer with us. Then they can spend as much time with Cedric boy as they would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you in laws live in KL too? I wish I live closer to my parents, my only "yi-han" now is we live too far away from my parents and the girls growing up without any grandparents and relatives around here. I feel sad about it all the time because I grew up with a big family and get to visit my grandparents every week in childhood, and the CNY always a big family gathering, lots of good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Yen, my hubby is a KL boy, my in laws live in KL. I used to go back my in laws's place for dinner every week, but since BB's arrival, we haven't have chance to visit them yet.

    Need not to be sad for your girls lack of grandparents' love. I'm sure their gong gong popo's love for them will not be any lesser despite the distance. Any plan to come back to Malaysia, for good or for holidays?

    ReplyDelete