Tuesday 3 April 2012

Baby Hair Brush 胎毛笔

Cedric's baby hair was shaved on his full moon day. 

The baby hair collected was sent to a baby souvenir shop called Babywise to be made into baby hair brush. 

Some people believe that writing brush made from baby's hair is a gift that can bring good luck and intelligence to the baby, hence another name for this baby hair brush is scholar brush (状元笔).

To me, it symbolizes another phase of Cedric's life, from being in the warm and comfortable womb of mommy, to this challanging and sometimes cruel world. 

Whether or not Cedric becomes a scholar or extra intelligent being is not the most important thing, but I wish my Cedric boy will grow up to be a brave and loving man in the future.

I am imagining...

On his wedding day many years in the future, the day when he'll leave home and be the center of a good girl's world...

His daddy and I will present this gift to him, and tell him how much we love him, and how he'll always be our little Cedric boy...like when he was just born...

This is a gift of love from daddy and mommy...

Before shave
Half way shaving
After shave - popo helped me to put on a cap to hide my botak head

A gift of love from daddy and mommy


2 comments:

  1. very touching...cedric pls take care ur mommy n daddy ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meaningful and sweet~~ Best gift~~ ^^

    ReplyDelete