Wednesday 25 April 2012

Bugs War

The flu season is here.

The first to fall sick at home was Ah Yee - patient #0.

After a few days, I became patient #1. I had sore throat, followed by high fever, runny/stuffy nose and cough that lasted for 10 days.

Then one after another, Ah Fen, Ah Ling and hubby are sick too...

Oh my god, my home is filled with germs!

It was a torturing 10 days...

I tried not to take any medications as I am still breastfeeding Cedric. So everyday I took mega dose of vitamin C, make sure I take enough fluid, and tried to have some rest.

Being a breeding ground of the germs myself, I was so worried about spreading the bacteria/virus to Cedric...

Cedric was only 3 months old. I really can not imagine my little boy suffers from the slightest discomfort...

So the best thing I can do for my baby was to continue breastfeed him as much as possible. 

Most probably Cedric have already been exposed to the germs even before I had my flu symptoms. My breast milk will be his best defense against illness, as it is packed with antibodies that is specific to the bacteria/flu that I'm suffering from.

Touch wood...so far my boy is doing well, actively learning to roll over with no sign of flu.


I am praying hard that the breast milk will help prevent Cedric from getting sick, or if he does get sick, I hope it will help him to recover fast.

Kudos to the golden liquid - breastmilk! It is definitely the ultimate weapon in the war against bugs!

2 comments:

  1. well done mummy.. and u will be so grateful if you little is sick and he reject everything and just want your boobs.. this is how magically it can be :) enjoy ur motherhood..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks to you my dear friend Yvonne, for guiding me and supporting me through the toughest time along my breastfeeding journey. You know that the journey wasn't smooth sailing from the beginning, but I am glad that I still hang in there just to give the best to my Cedric boy.

      I truly enjoy every intimate bf moment with my boy.

      Delete