Wednesday 16 November 2011

Producing Intelligent Baby?

It is not uncommon nowadays to hear people comments:"Your baby SURE will be very intelligent since you are studying while being pregnant."

Well oh well, Baby Cedric has been attending LLB lectures with me from day 1. He went for Part II exam with me last year when he was the size of a peanut, and has since been promoted to become a senior in college.

Now we are doing our CLP and attending lectures together almost everyday. I have no plan to stop this routine yet, and wish to continue going to classes for as long as possible, perhaps until the very last moment before labour if possible.

Books that BB and I have to digest

So people I meet in college and those who know that I am studying always throw this joke, that BB Cedric will be a smart boy because he has been learning law since the first day of his life.

Is it true that a baby will be smart if listening to lecture often? I am not sure...

Sometimes he will move very actively during lecture, kicking, dancing, swimming and doing all kind of dramas. I notice this is especially true during my Criminal Procedure and Evidence lectures, when he can listen to many stories about criminals, police, prison, court etc. Is he excited about these stories? Or is he bored? Will he actually grow up to be a good lawyer or a great judge? I am wondering...keep wondering...and imagining...

To my lovely Cedric boy, I just want you to know that mummy always love you no matter what you grow up to be...you can be a lawyer, a judge, a doctor, a businessman, a writer or whichever career you choose.

But one thing very important that mummy hope you will always remember...That no matter what you do, always try to keep a kind and sincere heart, be true to yourself and true to your conscience. Daddy and mummy will be proud of you as long as you do it the best way you can. Deal?

4 comments:

  1. Not sure if baby Cedric will turn out smart or not, but mommy Khai Chee is sure one very smart and intelligent woman that I know! :) Actually you and my husband have very similar background in education. He studied science and works at a drug company as a scientist for many years. Then he went to law school at night and just graduated from law school this year, going to take his bar next year. I know a few woman in his law school and really think they are incredible! A woman in his class that I friend with, she had 3 babies during the 4 years of law school. First baby girl, then twin boys. That really inspired me. And of course you inspired me too! :) Way to go mama, try let baby listen to some Mozart too~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Me too just graduated with a law degree this year, and now preparing for the bar exam next year! Such a similar experience! It's not an easy experience though, but one thing I find very important is the support of the other half. U must have done a great job supporting your hubby for him to have the determination to continue...

    I hope Cedric will be a smart person. I used to joke with my hubby that if it's a girl, then no need to be too smart cos the hubby can take care of her; but if it's a boy, then it's quite necessary to be smart so that he can take care of the wife in the future. Don't you think so? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... actually i'm quite agree with that~ That's why I'm the kind of person that not so smart and really "mo-dai-zhi" (cantonese). No ambition and ended up doing a mom job, which I do enjoy a lot though. :) I do enjoy being a woman, while I think it is so hard to being a man, so much burden to support a whole family especially if you married a woman like me that don't bring home income but just spending. I do appreciate very much to my hubby that works very hard everyday and support the best for us that he can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yen, you have the best job in the world! I so "xian mu" you can be a full time mummy! Maybe being mo-dai-zhi is the wisest decision in the world? :p Salute your hubby too!

    ReplyDelete