Wednesday 7 December 2011

Becoming a Malaysian - Maggi Goreng

Not that I was not a Malaysian before, or I am not Malaysian now, or I will not be a Malaysian in the future; just I find that there are things that I need to learn in order to become "more" Malaysian.

My hubby is quite a "malaysian" Malaysian, and he's always proud to be a Malaysian. 

He loves durian.
Spicy food, especially cili padi is a must everyday.
He likes to show off his fluent Malay language, by teasing my not so good Malay language.
He sometimes tells stories about how he used to be taken care by Malay babysitter when he was a baby (that's where he learned to eat nasi lemak and picked up his habit of washing his buttock after poo poo instead of wiping with tissue paper).
He enjoys our mamak store culture. 
Not to forget, he can cook yummy maggi goreng! 

I notice that I've become more Malaysian after I become Mrs.Siew. And learning to enjoy maggi goreng is one of the things that make me feel more Malaysian.


Maggi Goreng with Bull's Eye Egg, by Chef TS

I was home late tonight. On my way home, I ordered maggi goreng from chef TS for dinner. 

Since the chef has had his dinner earlier, so in my mind I was imagining something simple - instant noodle + egg. 

To my surprise, he added some secret ingredients to the noodle: his love and effort. 

Notwithstanding the wet day and being tired from work, he took the trouble to drive to nearby store to buy vegetables for the supposedly simple dish, then spent 15 mins in the kitchen cooking and washing up...when he can save all the troubles by just "ta pao" dinner for me.

I think that makes him the best maggi goreng chef ever! 

Simply delicious...! Can I have more dear...?

1 comment:

  1. Yummmm... I just had maggi goreng last night for dinner, but tom-yum flavor one. haha... my hubby loves it!

    ReplyDelete