Wednesday 4 January 2012

Oops...I Pinched My Doctor

Went for my 39th week check up recently. 

Dr.Siti did an internal / pelvic examination on me to determine my pelvic dimensions and cervical ripeness. 

I was told to take off my pants and lie down with my legs spread widely apart...

"Open your legs...open more...more..." The doctor said.

Oh...That's awkward and embarrassing.... Especially with a young nurse looking at me and smiling one kind... I felt like a piece of meat under the spotlight awaiting to be slaughtered... Of course, it's a piece of meat with kaki terkangkang...

"It will not be painful, only a little bit uncomfortable..." The doctor said. 

Before I have time to be mentally prepared, she suddenly inserted something inside (probably her hand?) and started the examination.

Ouch...!!! That's not ONLY a little bit uncomfortable, that's VERY uncomfortable and it hurts...!!! 

Ouch....

It felt like an electric shock... My whole body suddenly tensed up and my facial muscles cramped together. I couldn't help but to involuntarily squeeze and pinch Dr.Siti's hand as hard as she squeezed her hand inside me...

"Don't pinch me....don't pinch me!" The doctor said, as her facial muscles cramped together as well. :p

After the whole procedure was done, I noticed hubby was snickering in amusement at the corner...

Phew...! I am so glad that it's now done and over with. But this internal exam definitely tops my list of the most uncomfortable procedures for the 9-month maternity follow up!

Summary of my 39th week check up:-

Weight before pregnant: 51kg
Weight at 39th week: 64kg
Baby's weight: 3.2kg
Baby's estimated weight at birth: 3.4-3.5kg
Baby's position: Good, head down.
Cervical dilation: 1 finger = X cm?
Labour method recommended: Natural birth
What to do now: Wait......wait......and wait.........

5 comments:

  1. Not easy being a mum, yeah? Your post reminded me how great a mum is to willingly go through all the sufferings to give birth to a little beautiful life. :)

    Enjoy reading your blog. Keep it up, my friend.
    -Shi Nee-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shi Nee, long time no see! Now in KL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yupe, been here for a while d.. :D

    -Shi Nee-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time we can go find Hooi Dee aunty with Shi Jia together :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure! :D

    -Shi Nee-

    ReplyDelete