Monday 31 October 2011

Pregnancy Photography, by Terrance Siew

I am a relatively simple person. I like my life to be simple, easy and hassle free.

So when hubby and I got married, we did it in a simple way - by skipping all the ceremonies. We did not have any dinner functions, no traditional Chinese ceremonies, no wedding photo shoot session etc. What we have is a marriage registration certificate from Putrajaya and a life-long commitment "to love and to cherish...until death do us part".

For our first baby, we have decided to make things simple as well. Simple clothing and preparation to welcome BB, minimal Chinese pregnancy superstitions, minimal Chinese traditional confinement practice etc. 

But one thing that we find important is for us to capture this beautiful experience through a lens, so that we can have some photos to share with BB when he is older, or to share with each other when our hair turns gray one day...So when hubby volunteered to be my maternity photographer, I was more than happy to be his model for the 2 days sessions.






I like the simplicity of the photos. Just like life, sometimes the simpler the better...

6 comments:

  1. Dear, so so sweet~~ Hope you stay happily and sweet with your beloved hubby and baby always!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. SC: TQ dear! Can't wait to go to your house warming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!!! Love all the pictures, I think when a woman pregnant, that is the most beautiful moment!
    And I just came to know we have very similar concept in life. :) No big wedding, no dinner & ceremony, no pantang ralang and no confinement rules for me... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yen: TQ for the kind comments! My hubby always tease me for being "tua pui" as I am 1-2 size bigger compared to last time, but I enjoy the whole process of being pregnant very much.
    Great to have a kawan who thinks the same way I do...Our family must be thinking that we are out of our mind for getting married in such simple way. In fact I think my parents feel sorry for me for not having a lavish wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you said, marriage is a life-long commitment, big wedding doesn't mean anything, unless you like party and the more the merrier. I think my parents are a little disappointed because both my sister and I choose this way to get married. And now their only hope is for my younger sister to have a big wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Yen, happiness of a marriage may not equates how big or small a wedding one has, but how much efforts one invested in. I am sure the initial disappointment of our parents for us not to have a grand wedding will turn into blessing if they know we are trying our best to live a happy life

    ReplyDelete